English For you

Learning Log 3 ( 22/07/2016 )

Posted by : Unknown ที่ 02:25

This week, I learnt outside the class that is seminar in my major. I learnt about "Linguistics and Language Teaching" by Miss. Budsaba Kanoksilapatham  who came from Silpakorn University. She taught about teaching methods/pedagogy and linguistic competence . I learnt how to pronounce the letter "H" , consonant sound such as, think, thank, them, the, etc and  vowel sounds such as, guess, said, bread, friend, full-fool, back-bag, etc. Then, I had test about stress the words in the topic of phonetics and phonology, for example, humid, idealistic, premature, familiarize, etc. Next, I learnt about collocations such as, economic crisis, situation policy, black white, etc. Also, I had a new knowledge about pragmatics, sociolinguistics, lexical semantics. Moreover, I knew shades of meaning about astound is stronger than surprise, I knew the word is "flunk" that is slang word from fail, and I knew thin is positive than skinny. In addition, I learnt about discourse and corpus that are important for teachers.I think the knowledge from this seminar benefits to everyone who want to a English teacher in the future.

Architects make houses.
Engineers make roads.
Doctors make people healthy.
Teachers make them all.



0 ความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น